A Historical Background about Tanta University Hospitals
Tanta University Hospitals were established in 1936 and were named Tanta Public Hospital. They were affiliated to Health Ministry; Al-Al-Gharbia Health Affairs Directorate until 1968. Then they became affiliated to Alexandria University. After issuing the presidential decree no. 47 of 1972, about organizing universities, they became affiliated to Tanta University in October 1, 1972 and were named Tanta University Hospitals.